It all started in 2000 when...
I was a learner in the Masters of Leadership program at Royal Roads University and Christina Baldwin the author of "Calling the Circle" was speaking to the cohort about circle process in the world. Her stories about this ancient lineage struck a cord and circle has become a way of being for me in the world. I have hosted circle in a variety of environments in healthcare, communities, woman's gathering in my local community, conferences, retreats, and learning circles to gather qualitative data for research. Over time my work has become practicing, coaching and teaching circle. As a host and facilitator I use other processes as needed to support this work.
A little more background....
In 2006 I left the Ontario Nurses' Association after serving nurses for 18 years in a variety of capacities from:
- Manager Organizational Learning & Development
- Lead Project Manager and Meeting Designer for conventions and provincial leadership meetings
- Team Manager for Regional Staff Team of 30
- Board Member of the Municipal Health and Safety Association for 12 years while working at ONA
- Seconded to the project team for the Union's Organizational Transformation
- Coordinator of bargaining for Public Health Nurses in Ontario
- Front line Negotiator & Labour Relations Office
- Registered Nurse at Lyndhurst Hospital for Spinal Cord Rehabilitation for 12 years before working with the union